Amanda-Users

Re: wasted action of taper

2003-05-15 12:06:04
Subject: Re: wasted action of taper
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 12:01:17 -0400 (EDT)
I am going to the hacker archives before I make any more suggestions
however I wanted to be a little more clear about my previous question
(quoted below).

I was thinking of concattinating a min-number of chunks there where
sequentially stored on sequential amanda tape volumes, um, chunks
1-n on ARCH06 and n+1 to 99 on ARCH07. I wasn't taking into account
any of the RAIT-tape stuff, I was thinking sequentail usage of tapes
in a single drive.