Amanda-Users

Re: wasted action of taper

2003-05-15 10:33:47
Subject: Re: wasted action of taper
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 10:31:00 -0400 (EDT)
Couldn't you still recover from amanda tapes if the data where
written in 'chunksize' bits across more than a single tape ?

I mean, keep the chunks in order so you can find them, append them
together when writing the tape to limit the amount of reassembly
work. How are chunks re-assembled by taper now ?

Couldn't we recover with "# dd" and "# cat >>" or would reassemble
need to be more complex than that ?