Amanda-Users

RE: Pornography

2003-03-20 11:12:41
Subject: RE: Pornography
From: Frank Tore Johansen <frankj AT osc DOT no>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:29:26 +0100 (CET)
If the spam was directly to you and not through the list, then the reason
is that the spammers search through webpages for email addresses, and since
most mailing lists have a web-archive, you really cannot expect your email
address to remain private after you post to a mailing list.

Stopping mail going indirectly through the mailing list should be easy thou,
using tools like spamassassin.

-Frank.