Amanda-Users

RE: Pornography

2003-03-20 13:06:17
Subject: RE: Pornography
From: Gordon Pritchard <gordonp AT sfu DOT ca>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 20 Mar 2003 08:20:26 -0800
On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 05:43, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 at 8:02am, Martinez, Michael - CSREES/ISTM wrote
>
> > I think you should implement a spam prevention policy and a moderated list.
>
> Are you volunteering to be moderator?

        My $0.02:  unmoderated.

        I very clearly hear and understand the concerns of those worried about
their employer reaction...  However, on other moderated lists I'm on, I
find that the response-time is 'way slow (if the admin
gathers/vets/approves all postings before they go out), and there is
notably less open discussion.

        Also, as pointed out, the claim on the moderator's time can be *huge*.

        I really, really hate spam, but I think this "cure" may be even
worse...

        -Gord

--
Gordon Pritchard, P.Eng.         | Institute of Electrical and
Research Labs Manager            |      Electronics Engineers