Amanda-Users

RE: Pornography

2003-03-20 09:25:54
Subject: RE: Pornography
From: "Martinez, Michael - CSREES/ISTM" <MMARTINEZ AT intranet.reeusda DOT gov>
To: "'Seth, Wayne (Contractor)'" <sethw AT fhu.disa DOT mil>, "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:02:16 -0500
I will reiterate what I posted to the list several months ago. This is for
the list maintainer:

If you maintain an open and unmoderated list, eventually the spam and
offensive material that hits this list is going to become too much for
folks. Also, you may find yourself with legal problems if you allow someone
to post illegal material to your list.

Us folks that work in government have strict rules about pornography and are
under surveillance from our Security people who are on the watch for this
kind of activity. Folks like Wayne (below) and myself find ourselves running
a risk when we subscribe to your list. I would hate to have to un-subscribe

I think you should implement a spam prevention policy and a moderated list.

Martinez, Michael
CSREES/ISTM/USDA