Amanda-Users

Re: problem with 2nd jukebox

2003-01-29 06:39:31
Subject: Re: problem with 2nd jukebox
From: James Thorne <j.thorne AT kew DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:55:47 +0000
Hi Brian,

Brian Cuttler wrote:
Solaris 8, Amanda 2.4.2p2 (plus /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx from 2.4.3)
SUN StorEdge 9,

I was running the exact same setup as this. mtx was working fine for me too. However...

13:58:23 Exit (2) -> <none> could not determine current slot

I got the same error messages from chg-zd-mtx.  :(

After a couple of days of trying, I gave up, installed amanda 2.4.3 and used the new chg-scsi that came with 2.4.3. [You could probably use it without upgrading amanda, I don't know.]

Anyway, this worked wonderfully and the chg-scsi script sent changer commands straight to the StorEdge L9 without the need for mtx at all. :)

amtape and everything else then worked fine.  My chg-scsi config file is:

###

number_configs 2

eject 0
sleep 60
cleanmax 20
changerdev /dev/scsi/changer/c4t0d0
scsitapedev /dev/nrst15

config 1

drivenum 0
dev /dev/nrst15
startuse 0
enduse 7
statfile /usr/local/etc/amanda/Images/chg-scsi.statfile
#slotfile /usr/local/etc/amanda/Images/chg-scsi.slotfile
cleancart 8
#cleanslot 9
cleanfile /usr/local/etc/amanda/Images/chg-scsi.cleanfile
usagecount /usr/local/etc/amanda/Images/chg-scsi.usagecount
tapestatus /usr/local/etc/amanda/Images/chg-scsi.tapelog

### end of chg-scsi.conf ###

In amanda.conf, you need:

  tapedev "1"                 # use config '1' in chg-scsi.conf
  tpchanger "chg-scsi"        # the tape-changer glue script
  changerfile "chg-scsi.conf" # or whatever you want to call it

Hope this helps.  :)

James.

--
UNIX and Comms, Computing, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
Tel:   +44 (0)20 8332 5729