Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with /etc/xinetd.d/amanda

2003-01-29 03:21:10
Subject: Re: Problem with /etc/xinetd.d/amanda
From: Gordon Pritchard <gordonp AT sfu DOT ca>
To: Jeff Borders <jeff AT jeffborders DOT com>
Date: 28 Jan 2003 23:54:17 -0800
On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 23:14, Jeff Borders wrote:

> # /etc/xinetd.d/amanda
> #
> # default: off
> #
> service amanda
> {
>       socket_type             = dgram
>       protocol                = udp
>       wait                    = yes
>       user                    = amanda
>       group                   = disk
>       server                  = /usr/local/libexec/amandad
> }

        For comparison, Jeff, here's my /etc/xinetd.d/amanda file.  Note the
key line disable=no; I wonder if this is the root of your trouble?  My
system is RedHat 7.3.

[gordonp@oilslick gordonp]$ cat /etc/xinetd.d/amanda
# default: off
#               This must be on for systems being backed up\
#               by Amanda.
service amanda
{
        disable = no
        socket_type             = dgram
        protocol                = udp
        wait                    = yes
        user                    = amanda
        group                   = backup

--
Gordon Pritchard, P.Eng.         | Institute of Electrical and
Research Labs Manager            |      Electronics Engineers