Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda scheduling

2003-01-28 13:50:18
Subject: Re: Amanda scheduling
From: John Oliver <joliver AT john-oliver DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:16:58 -0800
On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 10:07:21AM -0800, Jay Lessert wrote:
> It uses tapes in whatever order they appear in tapelist.
>
> Amanda doesn't care about your numerical order, the tapes
> could be named tape_frog, tape_tree, tape_blue, they're
> all just strings.
>
> You can amrmtape, re-label, and hand-edit the tapelist to get
> what you want.

I can't just re-order the tapelist?

> > Here's what I'm using now:
> >
> > dumpcycle 4 days
> > runspercycle 4
> > tapecycle 8 tapes
>
> This looks like an ok minimal config (you always want at least 2X dumpcycle
> in tapecycle, as you have here).
>
> But we need to know what the run schedule is; if you run amdump every
> every day (7X/week), you will get almost 2 fulls/week (one every 4
> days, two every 8 days).  Is that what you want?

I run amanda each Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
mornings.  I do want to get more tapes, so I have a multiple of 5.

--
John Oliver, CCNA                            http://www.john-oliver.net/
Linux/UNIX/network consulting         http://www.john-oliver.net/resume/