Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda scheduling

2003-01-28 14:13:43
Subject: Re: Amanda scheduling
From: John Oliver <joliver AT john-oliver DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:39:46 -0800
On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 01:28:37PM -0500, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> > dumpcycle 4 days
>
> Amanda will get a full backup of every disk list entry (DLE) at least once
> every four days.  If you run backups M-Th, Monday is going to be a busy
> day...
>
> > runspercycle 4
>
> You'll run amanda 4 times per dumpcycle

Is it possible to make amanda spread the full backups out over the
course of the dumpcycle?

Also, if I change the dumpcycle to 5 days and leave the runspercycle at
4, will that work?  I do want to keep tapes in "sets" of a week, but it
takes time to get more.

--
John Oliver, CCNA                            http://www.john-oliver.net/
Linux/UNIX/network consulting         http://www.john-oliver.net/resume/