Amanda-Users

Re: Changer doesn't change tapes

2002-11-06 17:31:44
Subject: Re: Changer doesn't change tapes
From: Ben Simpson <ben AT silextech DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 16:52:00 -0500 (EST)
I guess i am comparing it to some other back up programs i have used such as
arcserve.   Arcserve keeps track of what tape is in which slot (inventory).  If
it is not in the magazine then it will ask for you to load it.  At that time
you can do like you are saying, by putting the tapes that it needs into a
magazine and load it.  If it is in the magazine it should call the slot that
that tape is in and not go searching for it by going through all the tapes.

Ben