Amanda-Users

Re: Changer doesn't change tapes

2002-11-03 09:32:04
Subject: Re: Changer doesn't change tapes
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>
To: Ben Simpson <ben AT silextech DOT com>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 09:05:01 -0500
On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 04:42:08PM -0500, Ben Simpson wrote:
> I am running amanda on a Sony tape changer.
> I am using chg-zd-mtx to interface with the changer using MTX
> When I run amrestore it fails to load the tape it needs.

amrestore doesn't use the changer, it will never use it because
it know nothing about the amanda configuration.

amrecover doesn't use the changer either, but it will use it
in the next amanda release (I'm working on that).

Jean-Louis

--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: martineau AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA
Departement IRO, Universite de Montreal