Amanda-Users

Re: Weird permission problem running amdump

2002-09-20 21:06:17
Subject: Re: Weird permission problem running amdump
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: "Caitlyn M. Martin" <cmartin AT rateintegration DOT com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:51:22 -0400
On Friday 20 September 2002 15:43, Caitlyn M. Martin wrote:
>On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 15:07, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I should have qualified that by saying the tarballs installer
>> won't. I have NDI whether the rpm does or not.
>
>I did use the rpms, I did reinstall, and everything worked.  I
> have no clue what went wrong the first time.  All I know I
> successfully backed up two servers.  I'm now expanding my
> disklist to include all the servers with clients installed so
> that we can get a more complete backup tonight.

Excelent!  Do keep us posted, and if it works for you, be prepared
to help other newbies get started with the rpms.  Most of us here
tend to build from scratch, using the same old configure script to
build each succeeding release so we each have a personal bag of
tricks.  That way, its very rare that we actually see a difference
when we install a new version unless we're looking at a specific
item known or wished to be next on the hit list to fix.

This mailing list is, by and large, fairly clean of spam, or my
filters are suddenly working 100%.  What I'm trying to say is that
the signal to noise ratio is tolerable, and the newbees do need a
seasoned user to hold their hand until the new wears off the bee.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M