Amanda-Users

Weird permission problem running amdump

2002-09-19 17:29:20
Subject: Weird permission problem running amdump
From: "Caitlyn M. Martin" <cmartin AT rateintegration DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 19 Sep 2002 17:15:41 -0400
Hi, everyone,

OK, I admit it.  amanda is kicking my you-know-what.

amdump is failing because it's unable to write it's index files.  Why?
>From the errors it looks like a permissions problem, but the directory
is owned by amanda and right now I've got everything opened up to chmod
777.  There error messages I'm getting look like:

pip        /users5 lev 0 FAILED [err create
/home/amanda/DailySet1/index/pip/_users5/20020919_0.gz.tmp: Permission
denied]

This is amanda 2.4.2p2 running on Red Hat 7.3.94 (null/RH8 beta).

OK, I'm still doing something simple and stupid wrong.  Any clues what
that might be?

Thanks,
Caity