Amanda-Users

Re: crontab

2002-09-10 13:07:13
Subject: Re: crontab
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: Brian Jonnes <brian AT init.co DOT za>, Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 12:53:56 -0400
On Tuesday 10 September 2002 11:55, Brian Jonnes wrote:
>On Tue 10 Sep 02 16:32, Jon LaBadie wrote:
>> Either way, one backup will be 2 days worth of activity.  I
>> follow Chris' scheme -- btw it is Monday to Saturday, not M-F.
>> So I (and Chris) would collect Sat+Sun on the Monday 2AM backup.
>>  Your scheme would collect Sun+Mon on the Tuesday backup.
>
>I guess if you put it _that_ way... ;)
>
>..Brian

Don't feel like the lone stranger Brian.  Somebody really *should*
write a book on howto use cron.  No denigration of Paul Vixie
intended, but the docs (what there is) suck.  But I guess thats
what we get when a usefull utility gets into the habit because
nothing else does the job quite as elegantly, particularly one
written back in jurrasic computer times and which is probably old
enough to by a drink in any state in the union.  I think it was in
1986 that I overhauled somebodies broken port to os9 for the trs-80
color computer running os9.  Made it work just fine, but it was old
and well entrenched in the *nix field then!

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M