Amanda-Users

crontab

2002-09-09 16:30:51
Subject: crontab
From: "Chris Bourne" <cbourne AT xapnet DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 13:14:39 -0700
Hello,
     I would first like to say thanks to all who have taken the time out of there day to help me get this thing working. Anyway, I have finished ruuning the many tests associated with amcheck, amtape, amdump, etc. and I am ready to automate this thing with cron. I am rotating 14 tapes on a 8 cartriage magazine but only writing to 12 and cleaning once a week(is this overkill or to little?) This is what I have in my crontab file.......

0 14 * * 1-6    /usr/sbin/amcheck -Mmis AT xapnet DOT com DailySet1
0 1 * * 1-6    /usr/sbin/amtape DailySet1 slot next
0 2 * * 0    /usr/sbin/amtape DailySet1 clean
0 2 * * 1-6    /usr/sbin/amdump DailySet1

...I want the amcheck to run at 2pm Mon.-Sat. and any errors sent to mis AT xapnet DOT com
...I want amtape to rotate daily. Now should I rotate to the slot number or is the next option ok?
...I want to clean every Sunday. Does the tape cleaner need to be called with amtape or does the clean option search my chg-scsi.conf file and use the correct slot
because when I ran this command I recieved no errors?
...and last amdump Mon.-Sat.

Thanks,

Chris Bourne

Chris Bourne