Amanda-Users

Re: crontab

2002-09-09 19:40:26
Subject: Re: crontab
From: "Chris Bourne" <cbourne AT xapnet DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 16:12:29 -0700
So you are saying that I should do it this way?....

45 13 * * 1    /usr/sbin/amtape DailySet1 reset
0 14 * * 1-6    /usr/sbin/amcheck -Mmis AT xapnet DOT com DailySet1
0 1 * * 2-6    /usr/sbin/amtape DailySet1 slot next
0 2 * * 0    /usr/sbin/amtape DailySet1 clean
0 2 * * 1-6    /usr/sbin/amdump DailySet1

So after a the first week of backups I put in the second round of tapes in
and put tape 7 which was not being written to in the first slot then run
amtape reset? This needs to be as automatic as possible because the person
changing the tapes knows nothing about amanda and I am not always around
being that this is a client of mine.

Chris

Chris Bourne
Systems/Network Administrator