Amanda-Users

Re: HP Colorado, ide-scsi

2002-09-08 15:42:20
Subject: Re: HP Colorado, ide-scsi
From: Brian Jonnes <brian AT init.co DOT za>
To: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>, Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 21:23:00 +0200
On Sun 08 Sep 02 15:34, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Then, if you are sure the kernels ide-scsi support is working, I'm
> of the opinion that this drive should be taken to a winderz box,
> and the software on the cd that came with it be used to verify that
> it is indeed working.  I've had quite a bit of trouble with a

Will do that.

> Things like where does it keep its configs, what are its owner:group
> settings, and anything else that I set in a script I use to do the
> configuration:

Yeah got all that. Almost there. Just gotta add a few patches (Debian stores
dumpdates in /var/lib and amandates in /var/lib/amanda). The configure
scripts were screwing me around; autoconf was getting re-called (because a
Makefile.am file had been patched), and it was dumping bogus Makefiles in the
source tree. Got around that by making sure the date of Makefile.am didn't
get changed....

> Remember, amanda is configured and built as the user amanda, but
> must be installed by root.

This is where debian is a little different. Build it as whoever. Package it
with "fakeroot", install it as root.

..Brian
--
Init Systems  -  Linux consulting
031 767-0139    082 769-2320    brian AT init.co DOT za