Amanda-Users

Re: Question: ADIC DAT-Changer very slow

2002-09-04 11:38:05
Subject: Re: Question: ADIC DAT-Changer very slow
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>, Stefan Hellwig <shellwig AT orga DOT com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 11:18:52 -0400
On Wednesday 04 September 2002 07:58, Christoph Scheeder wrote:
>Hi,
>nice to hear it's working.
>Christoph
>
>PS: A little sidenote to Gene Hesket:
>
>Pluging the chg-scsi from a neweer amanda-release into 2.4.2p2
>has been the solution for these problems recomended by the one and
>only John R. Jackson, and i think he knows verry good what he's
> saying...

John should certainly know.  In my case, rather than find the actual
executables and copy just them, it seems easier just to type "make
install" and get whatever advantages or bugs that came with the new
version.

We went thru a period of exclude files not working, but that was
only till I read the docs and fixed the broken format of the
entries in my exclude.gtar file.

And for a few revisions, amstatus /config/ was broken.  Other than
that, I've had zlich troubles.  When one finds a method that works,
he tends to recommend it.  :-)

[...]

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M