Amanda-Users

Re: Question: ADIC DAT-Changer very slow

2002-09-04 05:24:59
Subject: Re: Question: ADIC DAT-Changer very slow
From: Stefan Hellwig <shellwig AT orga DOT com>
To: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 11:15:13 +0200
Hi!

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 10:58, Christoph Scheeder wrote:
> i have such a changer working fine since about a year now,
> it's not the fastest,( amcheck takes about 1 or 2 Minutes per tape)
> but 10 Minutes per tape is much to long....

Yes, that's what I thought. 10 minutes is wrong... I guess the problem is that
somehow the SCSI controller or Linux cannot communicate correctly with the
ADIC DAT changer. Do you also use Linux? If so, which version and what kind
of SCSI host adapter?

> my chg-scsi.conf looks like this: [...]

Thanks. However, our configurations are basically identical except for the
fact that I have a longer "sleep" value of "90" instead of "30". That should
not make the difference, though. I will set it to "30" but this only affects
the tape and not the changer, I believe.

Regards, Stefan.