Amanda-Users

DLT8000s in a TL891 on Compaq kit running RedHat 7.3 Input/output error

2002-08-15 12:40:51
Subject: DLT8000s in a TL891 on Compaq kit running RedHat 7.3 Input/output error
From: Owen Williams <williams AT dmu.ac DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:30:14 +0100 (BST)
Hi,
  I've just started using Amanda, hoping/praying I can move away
from Arkeia, wish I still had ADSM.  Anyway...

First a contribution, I haven't seen it anywhere else:

define tapetype DLT8000 {
    comment "Compaq DLT8000 (from tapetype)"
    length 38119 mbytes
    filemark 32 kbytes
    speed 2071 kps
}

Everything seems setup OK.  The network connections are all working.
Two things though:

WARNING: info file /etc/amanda/Blue/curinfo/node3/_boot/info:
does not exist
WARNING: info file /etc/amanda/Blue/curinfo/node3/_/info: does
not exist
WARNING: info file /etc/amanda/Blue/curinfo/node4/_usr1/info:
does not exist
WARNING: info file /etc/amanda/Blue/curinfo/node4/_boot/info:
does not exist
.
.
.

This will probably go away when I start backing things up???

The second is that I get problems using tapes from 'slot 9' of my
10 slot library.  I have a cleaning tape in the tenth.  I have
two tape drives.  I get:

amcheck-server: slot 9: rewinding tape: Input/output error

I got this first with amlabel.  I configured amanda to use the
other drive.  I cleaned both drives and tried a new tape in 'slot
9' but I still get the 'rewinding input/output' error.

I'm loathed to start backing things up while it still complains.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Owen.