Amanda-Users

Re: Update on Index Tees - Data Timeouts

2002-08-15 12:30:19
Subject: Re: Update on Index Tees - Data Timeouts
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:21:15 -0400
On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 11:08:51AM -0500, Jim Summers wrote:
> Test #1:
>
> I commented out all filesystems except one of the failing ones and
> simply ran amdump.  RESULT:  Worked perfectly.
>
> Test #2:
>
> Added in the final two failing filesystems and ran amdump.
> RESULT:  Worked perfectly.
>
> Any suggestions on what it could be.

Perhaps during the problem times all the file systems were
doing level 0's and the dumps were running in parallel.
This could cause high levels of activity that could cause
great slow downs.  Perhaps net contention.  Perhaps multiple
dumps from a single host and high cpu usage.  Perhaps
multiple dumps from a single disk drive and lots of disk
head movement slowing things down.

Now some are doing incrementals while others are level 0s.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)