Amanda-Users

Re: DLT8000s in a TL891 on Compaq kit running RedHat 7.3 Input/output error

2002-08-15 14:32:56
Subject: Re: DLT8000s in a TL891 on Compaq kit running RedHat 7.3 Input/output error
From: Jay Lessert <jayl AT accelerant DOT net>
To: Owen Williams <williams AT dmu.ac DOT uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:22:49 -0700
On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 06:15:05PM +0100, Owen Williams wrote:
> # mtx status
>   Storage Changer /dev/changer:2 Drives, 10 Slots ( 0 Import/Export )
> Data Transfer Element 0:Empty
> Data Transfer Element 1:Empty
>       Storage Element 1:Full :VolumeTag=A00000
>       Storage Element 2:Full :VolumeTag=A00001
>       Storage Element 3:Full :VolumeTag=A00002
>       Storage Element 4:Full :VolumeTag=A00003
>       Storage Element 5:Full :VolumeTag=A00004
>       Storage Element 6:Full :VolumeTag=A00005
>       Storage Element 7:Full :VolumeTag=A00006
>       Storage Element 8:Full :VolumeTag=A00007
>       Storage Element 9:Full :VolumeTag=A00008
>       Storage Element 10:Full :VolumeTag=C00000
[clip]
> runtapes 1            # number of tapes to be used in a single run of amdump
> tpchanger "chg-scsi"  # the tape-changer glue script

OK, I *think* you're off-by-one.

> tapedev "0"   # the no-rewind tape device to be used
> #changerdev "/dev/sg0"
[clip]
> config                0
> drivenum      0
> startuse      0       # The slots associated with the drive 0
> enduse                9       #
> cleancart     9       # the slot where the cleaningcartridge for drive 0 is
> located

So the changer thinks first slot is "1", but you've said 'startuse 0'.
when you go 'amtape DailySet1 slot first' and 'slot last', and you
go physically watch the robot, which tapes move?

Besides which, if you *are* going to use cleancart (and I'm not sure
it really works in Amanda at all), I'm pretty sure enduse == cleancart
is not right.

--
Jay Lessert                               jay_lessert AT accelerant DOT net
Accelerant Networks Inc.                       (voice)1.503.439.3461