Amanda-Users

Re: Holding Disk Question

2002-08-15 12:45:10
Subject: Re: Holding Disk Question
From: Scott Sanders <ssanders AT conceptsdirectinc DOT com>
To: Kevin Passey <kpassey AT kdpsoftware.co DOT uk>, "amanda-users AT amanda DOT org" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:35:18 -0600
I'm sure there are several things to consider here but one thing that comes to
my mind is that your holding disk should be at least large enough to hold one
nights worth of backups and maybe a little more. That way in the event that
for some reason amanda can't dump everything to tape at least you have a copy
on disk that you can flush to tape after you resolve the problem with the tape
drive.