Amanda-Users

Update on Index Tees - Data Timeouts

2002-08-15 12:15:12
Subject: Update on Index Tees - Data Timeouts
From: Jim Summers <jsummers AT bachman.cs.ou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: 15 Aug 2002 11:08:51 -0500
Test #1:

I commented out all filesystems except one of the failing ones and
simply ran amdump.  RESULT:  Worked perfectly.

Test #2:

Added in the final two failing filesystems and ran amdump.
RESULT:  Worked perfectly.

Any suggestions on what it could be.

I have the following set in amanda.conf:

inparallel 16
netusage  75000 Kbps
tapebufs 40
reserve 25
for my holdingdisk I have set the chunksize to 1Gb

Which side is most likely to cause a Data Timeout client or server?

Are there any suggestions on where to do the compression?

Jon,  thank you for your response regarding the ufsdumps.  I had
reverted back to that during that particular run to see if I could ease
some contention somewhere.  But to no avail.

Thanks again,
Jim