Amanda-Users

Index Tees - Data Timeouts

2002-08-14 09:30:35
Subject: Index Tees - Data Timeouts
From: Jim Summers <jsummers AT bachman.cs.ou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: 14 Aug 2002 08:09:49 -0500
I am running Amanda 2.4.2p2 on a Redhat Linux 7.3 as my Amanda server.
The clients are mostly Solaris.  I have been been backing up the server
and adding clients one at a time.  Everything was working well, one
server and two clients, then I added a third client.  Now I getting data
timeouts and index tee broken messages in my Amanda reports and in the
system log files.

I have perused the docs, FAQ, and the various log files that Amanda
generates and I not finding the clue to point me to the problem.  All I
keep seeing are the index tee messages, but not what is causing the
index tee messages to be generated.

Suggestions or ideas?  If more info is needed, amanda.conf entries
etc... let me know and I can provide.

Thanks in advance,
Jim Summers
jsummers AT cs.ou DOT edu