Amanda-Users

Re: Update on Index Tees - Data Timeouts

2002-08-15 12:49:28
Subject: Re: Update on Index Tees - Data Timeouts
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Jim Summers <jsummers AT bachman.cs.ou DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:41:21 -0400 (EDT)
On 15 Aug 2002 at 11:08am, Jim Summers wrote

> Any suggestions on what it could be.
>
> I have the following set in amanda.conf:
>
> inparallel 16
> netusage  75000 Kbps
> tapebufs 40
> reserve 25
> for my holdingdisk I have set the chunksize to 1Gb

Maybe you're hitting some network contention problems -- try cranking down
inparallel?

> Are there any suggestions on where to do the compression?

On the hosts that can handle it.  I have a fast amanda server, and mostly
fast clients.  For the not fast clients, I do compression on the server.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering