Amanda-Users

Configuration help?

2002-08-14 09:49:39
Subject: Configuration help?
From: Conny Gyllendahl <conny AT consilia.aland DOT fi>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:27:05 +0300 (EEST)
Hello again everyone!

Now that I have sorted out my tapetype issue I kindly ask for some help on
configuring Amanda.

What I would like to do is:

- full backups every weekday (mon-fri)
- use 5 tapes (possibly 6)
- backup the following filesystems

host: louie filesys: /export/home/htdocs
host: louie filesys: /export/home/htdocs-utv
host: bagheera (win2k server) \\bagheera\misc

The questions is, how to I write the disklist and amanda.conf correctly (I
have succeded in doing a small test to just backup a unix partition).

Should I have:
        dumpcycle 1 week
        runspercycle 5
        tapecycle 5
and force all backups to be full backups?

Or maybe I could have
        dumpcycle 1 day
        runspercycle 1
        tapecycle 5
and use cron to schedule it on weekdays only?

I am a bit unsure about how to set the parameters so any pointers would be
most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

/Conny