Amanda-Users

Re: failure & strange dump

2002-08-09 12:34:50
Subject: Re: failure & strange dump
From: janebackup <jane AT s2o.co DOT uk>
To: Chris Johnson <chris AT sebis DOT com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 17:17:09 +0100
Chris,

Thanks for your reply, yes I was trying to backup a single directory (thought
I'd do this
first just to test).  If I have to backup the filesystem does this mean if I
put the
following entry in my disklist file?:

dataserv        /      always-full

Cus I've already tried this and I still get the same errors.  Is my disklist
file wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Jane.
> jane
>     Are you trying to backup a filesystem or a directory. Amanda is made
> to dump filesystems at the disk level and won't do a single directory.
> Are you getting an email of the errors or looking at the logs?
> chris
>
> janebackup wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm still trying to get my amanda backup working, I have amanda 2.4.3b3 on a
> >linux
> >machine and I am just trying to backup that one directory on that one
> >machine with no
> >tar/compression just to test for the minute.  But even that doesn't work the
> >only
error