Amanda-Users

Re: failure & strange dump

2002-08-09 13:09:10
Subject: Re: failure & strange dump
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 12:59:17 -0400
On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 05:17:09PM +0100, janebackup wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Thanks for your reply, yes I was trying to backup a single directory (thought
> I'd do this
> first just to test).  If I have to backup the filesystem does this mean if I
> put the
> following entry in my disklist file?:
>
> dataserv        /      always-full
>
> Cus I've already tried this and I still get the same errors.  Is my disklist
> file wrong?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Jane.
> > jane
> >     Are you trying to backup a filesystem or a directory. Amanda is made
> > to dump filesystems at the disk level and won't do a single directory.
> > Are you getting an email of the errors or looking at the logs?
> > chris
> >
> > janebackup wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >I'm still trying to get my amanda backup working, I have amanda 2.4.3b3 on
> > >a linux
> > >machine and I am just trying to backup that one directory on that one
> > >machine with no
> > >tar/compression just to test for the minute.  But even that doesn't work
> > >the only
> error
> > >messages I get in amcheck are:
> > >
> > >WARNING: info file /usr/adm/amanda/DailySet1/curinfo/dataserv/_tmp/info
> > >does not exist
> > >
> > >and in my report after I have ran amdump is:
> > >
> > >FAILURE & STRANGE dump summary
> > >dataserv   /tmp RESULTS MISSING
> > >
> > >and also:
> > >
> > >driver: WARNING: got empty schedule from planner
> > >
> > >I would be grateful any help!
> > >
> > >Jane.

If your "always-full" dumptype uses tar and not some dump program it is fine.

If always-full is using a dump program I believe that the disklist entry has to
be the root directory of a file system or the device name for the file system.

In the case that /tmp is a separate file system (my solaris system has this)
your disklist is fine for either program.
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)