Amanda-Users

Re: failure & strange dump

2002-08-15 11:38:25
Subject: Re: failure & strange dump
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: jane AT s2o.co DOT uk
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:27:30 -0400
On Thursday 15 August 2002 09:40, janebackup wrote:
>Hi thanks for your email, I'm sorry to be a pain but could you
> tell me if I can just add the amanda user to my root group.  If
> not what permission does the new disk group need?
>
>Thanks for all your help so far.
>
>Jane.

I suppose so, here, 'disk' has amanda and root listed as alternate
members by the linuxconf display.

And, using linuxconf to edit things, its easy enough to fix either
way.

Your emailer is still miss-configured, so I had to rescue this from
the Junquemail folder.  My ISP uses the Declude spam/viri filter,
and it doesn't like mail coming from localhost.  I also note that a
CC: was sent to the list, so I'll ignore any more of these in my
personal inbox, and answer those on the list instead.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M