ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM troubles

2015-12-10 05:04:54
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM troubles
From: Stef Coene <stef.coene AT DOCUM DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 11:02:11 +0100
Hi,

Some time ago I mailed in frustration that using DB2 as TSM backend was a bad
idea.

Well, here I'm again with the same frustration.

This time I just want to know who is using deduplication successful?
How much data do you process daily? Client or server or mixed?

We are trying to process a daily intake between 10 - 40 TB, almost all file
level backup. The TSM server is running on AIX, 6 x Power7, 128 GB ram. Disk
is on SVC with FlashSystem 840. Diskpool is 250 TB on 2 x V7000 with 1 TB
NLSAS disks, SAN attached. We are trying to do client based dedup.

The problem is that the active log fills up (128 GB) in a few hours. And this
up to 2 times per day! DB2 recovery takes 4 hours because we have to do a
'db2stop force' :(

Stef