ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Virtual Volumes & DB Backup

2007-11-15 12:16:56
Subject: [ADSM-L] Virtual Volumes & DB Backup
From: jonesrn <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:26:40 -0800
Neil,

Thanks for your help.

On the target server, ensure that the ARCHIVE copygroup in the domain
that the source server node definition is assigned to, has a valid
destination - it can be either disk or tape.

However, if I use the devtype server when I define my devclass, I will get a
"Device Access Strategy" of sequential. I don't see any way of defining or
updating my way out of this.

TSM3>define devclass targetclass devtype=server servername=tsm4
ANR2203I Device class TARGETCLASS defined.

tsm: TSM3>q devclass targetclass f=d

    Device Class Name: TARGETCLASS
    Device Access Strategy: Sequential
    Storage Pool Count: 0
    Device Type: SERVER

At this point I am leaning toward creating a devtype of FILE and putting it on
an NFS mount. (The NFS mount would be on a NAS in a different location.)
However, I'd still like to get Virtual Volumes working for data migration, etc.

My question is: should I be working with the devtype of server or should I just
be defining my sourcepool as FILE?