ADSM-L

Re: Multiple Tape Libraries

1998-09-13 18:10:54
Subject: Re: Multiple Tape Libraries
From: Peter Gathercole <peter.gathercole AT VIRGIN DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 23:10:54 +0100
It is true, as ADSM need to know which tape drives can handle which tapes.
Clearly, if ADSM attempts to mount a tape that is contained in one library
on a drive in the other, it will have problems.

I think that it goes further than this, though. I think that you also have
to define a seperate devclass for the second library, even if the tapes and
drives are the same type. This is so ADSM can keep track of scratch tapes
in each library.

Peter Gathercole
Open Systems Consultant.