ADSM-L

Multiple Tape Libraries

1998-09-11 10:06:14
Subject: Multiple Tape Libraries
From: "Weeks, Debbie" <debbie AT ADMIN.USF DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:06:14 -0400
We are preparing to add a second 3570 library to our 3466 installation.
Where can I find some good information on how this will work with ADSM,
like how it decides which drives to use, where to go for scratch, etc?
An IBM rep (he may have been sales) said that we would have to use a
separate tape pool in the second library.  Is this true?  If so, why?
Any replies with ANY information on gotchas, etc. will be appreciated.

Debbie Weeks
University of South Florida
Information Technologies/Technical Support
*********
*Debbie AT admin.usf DOT edu
*(813) 974-6926   *  S/C 574-6926
Fax(813) 974-3054