ADSM-L

Re: Multiple Tape Libraries

1998-09-11 11:33:11
Subject: Re: Multiple Tape Libraries
From: Chris Roelofs <Chris.J.Roelofs AT MAIL.ING DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 16:33:11 +0100
     Hi Debbie,

     Yes, it is true (unfortunately).

     The new 3570 library will be a new device; so you will have to define
     a new library to ADSM. Then you must also define a new device class
     with that new library. Different device classes means different
     storagepools. This is a result of the ADSM hierarchy in library,
     device-class and storage-pool definitions.

     It turns out that a storagepool can never span across multiple
     libraries.

     I encountered the same problem with four 3995 optical libraries where
     this "rule" caused us a lot of headache. In the end we solved this by
     reorganizing our filesystem structure and creating an include-exclude
     list that made our data go to four separate storage-pools.

     Chris