ADSM-L

Re: Multiple Tape Libraries

1998-09-11 14:46:42
Subject: Re: Multiple Tape Libraries
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 14:46:42 -0400
     I also have two library on one adsm server, and am dealing with this
problem.  My idea to utilize the second library is to create another
policy domain with a backup copy group that points at a storage pool that
migrates to the new library (in it's new devclass), and then update some
of my existing clients to belong to this new domain.  I think I can still
backup both tape pools to the same copy storage pool.  What I am not sure
about is what to do about these clients data in the other tape storage
pool.  Sound I just leave it there, and let the client's data naturally
migrate to the new domain over time?  Or, can I somehow move that data
from the original tape pool to the new one?

Thanks,

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,