ADSM-L

It's too easy !

1998-04-02 11:41:47
Subject: It's too easy !
From: Mike Dile <mikedile AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 11:41:47 -0500
The solution to this problem is delivered in two phases.
The most expedient solution we could get to the field was
to provide a backup domain selection on the actions menu
of the GUI.  This is available in client v3.1.0.3.

We took APAR IC19879 and had a lengthy discussion with
Jerry Lawson regarding the "too easy to back up the
world" aspect of the current GUI.  The solution we agreed
upon would pre-expand the tree to show nodes for local,
remote, and removable media.  The timing of this APAR
was such that the work could not be completed in time
to be tested throroughly for PTF 3 release.  Our next
Win32 client PTF should include the fix for this APAR.

As has been stated before, the command line and scheduler
service both honor the domain option.  To reiterate, the
v3.1.0.3 GUI honors the domain statement when you use the
Action->Backup Domain function.

Mike Dile
ADSM Client (CD) Development