ADSM-L

Re[2]: It's too easy !

1998-04-02 14:44:43
Subject: Re[2]: It's too easy !
From: ALLEN BARTH <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 13:44:43 -0600
     You're right, it *SHOULD*  afford no additional exposure if the DOMAIN
     actually DID establish the default....WHICH IT ISN'T DOING VIA THE
     GUI!

     Why is this so hard to see?

     Al Barth

Subject: Re: It's too easy !
Author:  Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM> at ~Internet
Date:    4/2/98 10:10 AM

The proposed future development for the GUI includes initially displaying the
"My Computer" node and also the nodes "Local file systems", "Removable file
systems", and "Network file systems" beneath it. This makes it more obvious
from the start what "My Computer" includes. Since the ability to back up
network and removable file systems regardless of the DOMAIN setting has
*always* been in the product, this should afford no more exposure than you
already have. In V1 and V2, although the DOMAIN file systems are high-lighted
for you, there is nothing to prevent you from clicking on a non-DOMAIN fle
system and backing it up. DOMAIN just establishes the *default* file systems
for incremental backups; it has never been an enforcement mechanism.

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com