ADSM-L

Re: Audit Library

1998-04-02 11:40:47
Subject: Re: Audit Library
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 11:40:47 -0500
>Once upon a time, I decided to run AUDIT LIBRARY because I kept getting I/O
>errors (ANR8300E) stating that the destination drive or slot was full when
>trying to move a volume.  To my surprise, the audit completed and said that
>tape IBS020 was removed from the library ADICLIB.  So, there I was,
>standing there, looking right at a tape labeled IBS020 in my library.  When
>I attempted to CHECKIN the tape, it couldn't find it.

ADSM knows about what's in a library from what the library tells ADSM.
Sometimes libraries drop tapes and otherwise lose track of things.
If you have a command external to ADSM to query this library (as the
3494 has the 'mtlib' command), use that for verification.
You may have to cause the library to reinventory itself to reacquaint
it with its contents - and do so in a way which does not wipe out
category codes and like info which is needed to track the status of
tapes.
         Richard Sims, Boston University OIT