ADSM-L

Re: It's too easy !

1998-04-06 15:20:34
Subject: Re: It's too easy !
From: Brett Walker <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:20:34 -0700
Chris,

>Thanks Brett -
>It was good to hear some thoughts on the subject from ADSM.
>We would like to make it next to impossible for users to even see
>the Network volumes. I don't want them backing up any network volumes. I
>have ADSM backing up those Netware and NT volumes already.

This would certainly be new function, as we have never allowed this before.
But I can certainly see the benefit of it.  I will carry this requirement
into our internal discussions, but I also suggest submitting an official
ADSM requirement, via your IBM rep.  Then it gets into our official
requirements database, and it gets tracked, etc.

>I would also like more security administered from the Administrator
>console to prohibit
>access to various options on the client.

If you're talking about option file options, these can now be forced by the
server, so the client can't change them.

Cheers,
Brett

  Brett Walker                  ADSM Development, IBM
  walkerbl AT vnet.ibm DOT com         tie 276-0265
"That's just my opinion; I could be wrong."
      --- Dennis Miller