Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Despooling attributes very slow

2014-11-20 12:07:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Despooling attributes very slow
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Will Twomey <termina AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 12:01:32 -0500
On Nov 15, 2014, at 4:16 PM, Will Twomey <termina AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

Hey John,

Thanks for the response.

That hdparm was run during the despooling process which is likely impacting those numbers.  (Although I would argue that 125MB/sec should be more than enough to despool a 45MB file! :))

This does seem to be a mysql issue, as switching to postgres has resolved this. Oddly enough, running myqltuner.pl didn't show any cause for concern.

Thanks again for the prompt response

I think you’ll be much happier with PostgreSQL in the long term.

One of my tuning expeditions, for future reference: https://plus.google.com/106386350930626759085/posts/hhKemT3UQE7

disclosure: I wrote the PostgreSQL backend for Bacula.

—
Dan Langille