Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula can't make use of multi drives

2014-11-20 12:48:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula can't make use of multi drives
From: "Brady, Mike" <mike.brady AT devnull.net DOT nz>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 06:41:48 +1300
On 2014-11-20 23:28, Kern Sibbald wrote:

>  3. Set Prefer Mounted Volumes = no.  I *strongly* recommend against
> using this directive. It will inevitably lead to problems.

Hi Kern,

Could you explain more on what the problems are with using this
directive please.

I hear and have taken heed of your warning (and those in the manual and
white paper), but I am assuming that this directive exists for a reason
and that there are scenarios where it could safely be used and scenarios
where it should absolutely not be used.

Thanks

Mike