Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Despooling attributes very slow

2014-11-15 08:17:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Despooling attributes very slow
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Will Twomey <termina AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 08:12:03 -0500
> # hdparm -tT /dev/md3
>
> /dev/md3:
>  Timing cached reads:   1724 MB in  2.00 seconds = 862.23 MB/sec
>  Timing buffered disk reads: 376 MB in  3.01 seconds = 125.06 MB/sec

These are both very slow for a modern PC. The top number measures
cache/ram speed I would expect this number 2000 to 5000. The bottom
number which measures disk performance is less than a single SATA
drive.

> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

If you can make sure the database is not on /dev/md3 especially if
this is the source or destination of your backups.

Also did you tune the database? A lot of mysql implementations are
tuned for a ridiculously small amount of ram like 64MB.

John