Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir stuck trying to mount the wrong volume

2014-09-07 13:05:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir stuck trying to mount the wrong volume
From: Dmitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 12:02:59 -0500
On 9/7/2014 4:33 AM, Kern Sibbald wrote:

> It is not a question that I will not document something, why would I
> write code and discuss it if I did not want to document it?  It *was* a
> question that I incorrectly thought it was already documented.
>
> What some people tend to forget is that I am doing this for free, I
> volunteer for this.

I'm lucky to get paid for writing (when I get a chance to write instead
of unfsck'ing other people's code gone haywire) public domain code. I
don't have a problem when somebody else wants to get paid for their
work. So come out and say it: if you buy enterprise license we'll tell
you how to use virtual autochanger, or symlinks, or bandwidth
limitation, whatever. I may not have a budget for it, but I won't bitch
about it.

What you're doing instead is not helping your case.

We had this stupid joke back when I was a kid: "do you like tomatoes? --
To eat: yes, otherwise: not so much". Of course I don't like bacula,
last time I liked a piece of software it was the original portal. D'uh.

Dimitri