Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir stuck trying to mount the wrong volume

2014-09-07 05:38:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir stuck trying to mount the wrong volume
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Dmitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 11:33:12 +0200
Hello,

It is not a question that I will not document something, why would I
write code and discuss it if I did not want to document it?  It *was* a
question that I incorrectly thought it was already documented.

What some people tend to forget is that I am doing this for free, I
volunteer for this.  Most people have a job and they use Bacula to get
their job done, and they get paid for what they do -- not me.   For
transparency: I do have a salary for Bacula Systems, but it is only
symbolic.  I make less than any other employee in Bacula Systems, and
probably less than the cleaning lady -- this is no exaggeration.

That simply means that I do everything for Bacula for free, as I have
done so for 14 years.   With volunteers such as myself, if one wants
something, the agreeable approach that 99.9% of the people on this list
take is more in the non-contemptuous spirit of this list and much more
likely to get results.

Thanks for pointing out the problems and undocumented features.  Despite
having my motivation sapped, I will see what I can do.

Best regards,
Kern