Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] is there a way to rename an active volume?

2014-09-07 14:09:11
Subject: [Bacula-users] is there a way to rename an active volume?
From: Gary Dale <garydale AT torfree DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 13:52:31 -0400
Not a big deal, but somehow I've ended up with a file storage volume
that has a different naming convention from others in the pool. The
naming convention was "daily-backup-" + a single-digit volume number.
The amount of data keeps growing so I need to add new volumes from time
to time. Somehow the last time I ended up with one with the wrong name.

I don't actually need to rename it. Migrating to another volume in the
same pool would also work, as would telling bacula to stop using it for
new backups, so that it would eventually be empty.