Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir stuck trying to mount the wrong volume

2014-09-05 14:24:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir stuck trying to mount the wrong volume
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>, Bacula Users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 13:22:18 -0500
On 09/05/2014 12:52 PM, John Drescher wrote:
>>> There are several ways to control what volumes bacula use. Although I
>>> am uncertian how you got in the situation you were in.
>>
>> That makes two of us. I
>> 1. deleted some volumes and didn't run 'update slots',
>
> I am curious to why you are deleting volumes. I mean for my vchanger
> usage (for 4+ years) I setup a fixed # of fixed sized volumes in each
> magazine (which is its own filesystem on a disk - only 1 magazine per
> disk).

Spinning rust. I had a weird disk failure: it died after it was filled
in and should've had no i/o going on for several days. So volumes that
were on it were gone and I needed another backup of whatever was on them
asap.

(I have post-job rsync that makes a copy of the "current" disk, so if
that dies I can replace it [hopefully] without getting bacula's knickers
in a twist. So Murphy made sure the one that died wasn't the one I've a
copy of.)

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin