Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] MySQL slowness when initializing new disk volume

2014-04-24 12:42:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] MySQL slowness when initializing new disk volume
From: Lloyd Brown <lloyd_brown AT byu DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 10:37:33 -0600
Alan,

I understand.  I've been meaning to get started with learning Postgres
for several years, but there always seems to be something more urgent
that takes my attention away.  At the moment, it's storage system
failures, which is kinda a big deal, so for now I'll have to be content
with the tuning's I've applied on MySQL.

So far I've basically converted all the bacula tables to InnoDB, and
increased the innodb_buffer_pool_size to 64GB, which should hold all of
the tables total so far.  And while it's not necessarily tuned
perfectly, it's already noticeably faster.  I won't know for sure for a
couple more weeks, when our next big batch of Fulls get started, but so
far it looks promising.

Thanks for all the suggestions.  It certainly pointed me in the right
direction.  I couldn't have managed this without the community's help.

Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator
Fulton Supercomputing Lab
Brigham Young University