Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] MySQL slowness when initializing new disk volume

2014-04-19 23:17:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] MySQL slowness when initializing new disk volume
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 04:10:59 +0100
On 18/04/14 23:49, Lloyd Brown wrote:
Are the tables in MyISAM or InnoDB format?
At the moment, MyISAM.  I'd wondered if I could safely convert to
InnoDB, since that's generally going to have better locking
characteristics, etc.
It's easy enough to change, but....

How large are the tables? In particular how many entries do you have in the file table?

MySQL is good, but it doesn't scale to large tables very well (even with Inno) so at some point there's a lot of benefit (reduced ram use) in switching to Postgres.