Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs with multiple directors

2012-11-29 10:31:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs with multiple directors
From: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:28:11 +0100
Zitat von Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>:

> Hello,
>
> 2012/11/29 Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
>
>> **
>>
>> On Thursday 29 November 2012 15:43:32 Radosław Korzeniewski wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> 2012/11/29 Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
>>

>> > sd1<--dir1 -------> client1 <------- dir2-->sd2
>>
>> Is your "client1" a Windows machine? If so, do you use VSS Enable = Yes in
>> your FileSet resource?
>>

>> Yes.
>>

>> So, the current limitation of bacula-fd client on windows does not permit
>> concurrent jobs. Sorry.
>>

>> So if I want them to run concurrently, I have to disable VSS on at least
>> one of these jobs?
>>

> You have to try.

You have to disable VSS on all jobs for this Windows machine.
Furthermore don't try this with data encryption or your FD will crash.
If you configure both jobs without VSS and the FD without encryption
it might work, but i still wonder if a multi director configuration is
"supported" anyway.

Regards

Andreas